[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for workshops for the Third annual GeoNetwork workshop

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Mon Sep 17 07:11:48 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has the pleasure to
inform you that the GeoNetwork opensource third annual workshop will
be held from 5 to 9 November 2007 at FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy.

This year we hope to welcome 80-100 participants from several UN
Agencies as well as from the GeoNetwork opensource community.

During the week we have time slots scheduled for half-day to one-day
technical sessions on Open Source Web-Mapping and Desktop GIS
Applications. We strongly encourage workshop submissions on
interoperability and spatial data infrastructures based. Workshops
from (OSGeo) Free and Open Source Software projects will receive
preference in the selection process.

Each session should consist of a brief presentation of the software's
functionality as well as a practical hands-on part targeted to GIS
professionals.

If you are interested in presenting your project in a technical
session at the workshop, please provide us with a short session
proposal until 19 September.

The workshops will be free for participants and workshop presenters.

We look forward to seeing you in Rome as a workshop presenter.

Greetings,

Jeroen Ticheler
Patrizia Monteduro
Martin Seiler
FAO-UN
Natural Resources Management and Environment Department
NRC - Room F817
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome - Italy
Tel/Fax: +39 06 570 56041/53369
http://www.fao.org/geonetwork