[OSGeo-Discuss] Drawing on the map based on coordinates

Justin Driskell jdriskel at scires.com
Mon Apr 7 09:10:54 EDT 2008

Hello I am new to mapguide.  I am using Mapguide 1.2 and IIS/Dot. I need to be able to draw shapes on the mapguide map from coordinates.  I was looking at the sample webpage buffer task.   I can see how shapes are drawn but I have not found how it gets its location where to draw.  The example uses a click to get a feature and draws around it.  I need to take Coordinates pulled from a database and draw the shape at that location.  Any help pointing me in the direction of how to use coordinates instead of mouse clicks to that buffer task example would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Justin Driskell
Engineer 1
(770)-989-9488