[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal: OSGeo Cartographic Library

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Mon Apr 7 16:18:19 EDT 2008

More use-case driven development and improved GUIs, user experience and map production fall under specific topics at FOSS4G 2008 so this discussion is quite apt and I hope to see its fruit or at least some well-defined plans presented and discussed in Cape Town in September. As we know these are some of the remaining gaps that need filling to convince the hesitant masses to go open source.

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist
Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher
FOSS4G2008 conference chair
Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)
P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa
w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820
xmpp (Jabber, Google Talk, etc.): gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Skype: phlemingo
27.9782E 26.0896S