[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal: OSGeo Cartographic Library

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 22:28:50 EDT 2008

Hi all,
among the OS GIS we are trying Map Layouts especially for Geoscience

1. using OpenJUMP where in tools are present for rotating Geological structural symbols. We have even printed to judge the accuracy of scale.
2. Shape file to SVG is a convenient option to color the final output in Inkscape.

putting all the options together on a WIKI will be splendid.
Cheers
Ravi Kumar

"Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote: I've tried to group some of discussion into various components that I
think are being discussed all at once:

8.1 Style & Layout Configuration Standards
8.2 Graphical Style & Layout Editor
8.3 Graphical Map Composition Editor
8.4 Rendering Engine
8.5 Libraries

I'm personally less interested in the GUI side than I am about
standards and the rendering engine that understands those
standards.   Does this fit the initial vision you are presenting Markus?

Tyler