[OSGeo-Discuss] Newbie Question? Any feature for classification?

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Apr 14 15:36:46 EDT 2008

Saka,

If you're wanting to use some open source languages in the .NET
framework there are

pythonNet http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/ which might open up the
Python Cartographic Library http://zmapserver.sourceforge.net/PCL/

I looked for something in the JAVA world, but no luck (does not mean
there is nothing). If there was then the Java Topology Suite
(http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm
<http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm> ) might have been an
option

You can also take a look into doing something using GDAL/OGR
http://www.gdal.org/ for your task bellow. Not sure if it would fit, but
I have seen gdal/ogr do some pretty nifty things. Various bindings
available.

Cheers