[OSGeo-Discuss] Simplest of questions (with one, assumption)

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Apr 17 14:12:23 EDT 2008

Have you looked at the fdo2fdo application?  It's a windows-based command line and GUI tool for transforming between FDO data sources:

http://www.sl-king.com/Fdo2Fdo/download/download.html

FME's Safe Software also supports SDF if proprietary software is acceptable.

I'd strongly suggest moving to the fdo-users mailing list for any further questions about SDF3; this is a list for general discussion of open source geospatial topics, and support for SDF3 is currently limited to FDO.

Jason

----
From: Rick Steinberger
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Simplest of questions (with one, assumption)

I'm looking into the FDO library and it appears that this approach will not be, as you point out, "especially easy".  I will follow up with the fdo-users list as I move forward on that front.

There used to be an SDFLoader which could transform various input formats into SDF(2?) including csv.  This CSV approach was a simple way to get data from any old legacy system into Mapguide.  Does anything like the SDFLoader exist to convert csv (or any simple neutral format) to SDF3?