[OSGeo-Discuss] Can I do the same GIS tasks with OS (as with ESRI)?

George R. C. Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 17:55:27 EDT 2008

Im a real novice in the OS world, and i´m enjoying. I´m liking what i see!

ESRI has good software, but the world of OS is just great and i love the
flexibility i have.

One thing GIS OS software could have are better editing tools. I do miss
them alot, and the one is ArcGIS are unbeatable (i dont know any O.S.
software that have 'autocomplete polygon', tons of snapping options, etc
- btw, if you do, let me know).

FOSS is great, but it lacks (IMHO) better editing options.

2cents

George Silva