[OSGeo-Discuss] Can I do the same GIS tasks with OS (as with ESRI)?

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:34:14 EDT 2008

> > I agree with Paul, power without control doesn't lead anywhere. GRASS
> > is of huge power, but following my past commercial experiences, I
> >

>  Hehe, didn't you just say "my past proprietary experiences"?
>
>  Sorry to be dense and all that...

No worries, but I really meant: "my past commercial experienses", i.e.
proprietary and not, but for sure commercial.
We are talking about bussiness, are we? Yes, I think we are :-)

>  PS:
>  What was a Desktop GIS exactly? I only have a browser and for some strange
> reason all that I do starts with an http://...

We are an example of bussiness that earn money without a http://, just
heavy environmental calculations. Don't know a thing about http.
Even if 98% is about web, not everything is :-)

Ciao
Andrea