[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal: OSGeo Cartographic Library

Bruno Lowagie bruno at 1t3xt.com
Sun Apr 13 22:26:55 PDT 2008

Bruno Lowagie wrote:
> As soon as I have the time, I'll make you some examples.

My main problem is that I haven't been on a GIS project since 1997.
Can somebody provide me with some (completely free!) sample data:
- vector data with streets and street names in multiple languages
- vector data of some shapes (for instance a city, municipalities)
- some additional data, for instance: location of hotels, landmarks,...

If you provide me with such a data set, I'll make you a PDF and
show why I think PDF is an ideal format.

br,
Bruno