[OSGeo-Discuss] project management software (foss) for GIS projects

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Aug 4 19:35:49 PDT 2008

Ah, if you could describe more the features you're looking for in the
system I think it would help to narrow down the suggestions. Trac could
work but because of it's close ties to svn might not be the best system.
There are many other options out there depending on your needs, for
instance many of the osgeo projects and sites use Drupal, and MediaWiki.

I happen to also be a Plone developer and I think many of the available
Content Management systems have potential. Depending on how you want to
manage your datasets, take a look at the Geonetwork project on osgeo
http://www.osgeo.org/geonetwork

Even if it only does a fraction of what you need you can integrate it
with another CMS or Wiki.

Ale