[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Brazilian Local Chapter Meeting

Rafael Medeiros Sperb rsperb at univali.br
Mon Aug 25 09:53:46 PDT 2008

Hi Everybody,

A group of active but quiet developers in Brasil have called for an
OSGeo Brazilian Local Chapter meeting during the Latinoware
(http://www.latinoware.org/en/node). The idea is to take further efforts
to organize local efforts, especially in regard to the recent official
adoption of WMS and WFS by the Brazilian Government, as well as to
foster I3Geo (http://mapas.mma.gov.br/i3geo) relation to OSGeo. For this
reason I am dropping this email to invite everyone who is interested in
collaborating. Edmar Moretti (edmar.moretti at mma.gov.br), the "father" of
I3Geo, is in charge of this meeting organization. So, let's help him...
thus far he has been able to organize 4 workshops: I3Geo/MapServer,
PostGIS, Geoserver and GVSIG.

I would like, also, to request OSGeo permission to use its Logo to
advertise the meeting in the Latinoware website.

Warm regards,

Rafael Medeiros Sperb