[OSGeo-Discuss] Local Chapter, network and structuration

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Mon Aug 25 12:41:48 PDT 2008

My two cents: I feel very confortable in the Spanish OSGeo chapter, even if we are in the
incubation process. I will say that I will feel better in any chapter based on a common
language than in any other based in political or administrative constraints More, I don't
like very much the term "local" when applied to the current Spanish OSGeo chapter because
we aspire to be global (Spanish is spoken by people all around the world, like French,
Chinese or Bulgarian). I can't speak on behalf of the Spanish chapter but I would like it
to be as helpful as this (English speaking) forum is to me and actually I can assure that
the Spanish Chapter is great.
I will be more prone to check out, or even to affiliate to, the chapter IN French than the
Quebec, Outremer ou Parisien chapter, but sure I will check them out.
+1 for language diversity in the OSGeo community
+1 for the chapter in Spanish
+1 for the chapter in French
+1 for any other chapter, local or global
+2 for the Bay Area local chapter