[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for OSGeo Slide Show/Presentation Material

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 28 08:19:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Jacolin Yves <yjacolin at free.fr> wrote:
> Le Thursday 28 August 2008 15:19:30 Markus Neteler, vous avez écrit :
>> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
>> <xurxosanz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > So I think it should list ALL the items, or at least offer a
>> > convenient way to filter the contents without having to change all the
>> > web language
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.osgeo.org/node/764
>>
>> Wouldn't it be more appropriate to collect the material in the
>> Wiki? There is a page already:
>>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Library
>> and easy to maintain.
>>
>> Above node page is now sort of stand-alone without context.
>>
>> Just me few cents,
>> Markus
>
> Hi Markus and all,
>
> It seems there are some issue about Library. First I never aware of this wiki
> page (I missed it), and one tell me to upload all my files into the OSGeo
> Library, I am not really happy to move more than 20-30 files to the wiki
> pages which is not the purpose of such tools (imho).

ah, right - the file *upload* is an issue which we have to resolve.
As I am hosting all my files on my website, I didn't think about this
problem.

> The beggining of the wiki page tell me: "Some presentations are found
> **outside the osgeo.org domain**: " That's mean for me that I will found only
> files outside of the OSGeo domain. Which is only true for the first item.

OK - you need to know the full story here:
Our first provider was CollabNet where also the files where uploaded.
Then we moved to Peer1, setting up Drupal and the Wiki.
Only the Library wasn't fully transferred. That's why. Nobody unfortunately
completed the task.

Time to find an OSGeo Library manager (again)! Volunteers?

> The third line point to the www.osgeo.ogr/library, so this is not really
> a "stand-alone without context" ;) Also I asked to add the "Library" item,
> unfortunately I did not create a ticket for this :/

I suggest that we discuss a structured approach to the needed OSGeo
library here and then implement it.

> Finaly, when people looking for information about osgeo, they do not have to
> be redirected to the wiki page which are working and unofficial information
> (imho). Also wiki are aims to hosts comunautary works. I may be wrong but it
> is my way to think about the different OSGeo website.

I agree - this has to be better integrated indeed.

best,
Markus