[OSGeo-Discuss] copyright question

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Dec 9 14:17:27 EST 2008

All,

I'm interested in this question as well, since we have some similar business needs related to non-profits and open-source project funding, things like who can/should claim to be the owner for donation seeking and such.  Just philosophical stuff right now, but who knows in the future.

bobb

>>> "Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)" <bartvde at osgis.nl> 12/09/08 1:12 PM >>>
Hi list,

today I was in a meeting about GeoExt, and the following question came up:

"Is it possible for OsGeo to take copyright for a project which yet has
to form and has not passed incubation as such?"

A commercial company has expressed issues contributing if the copyright
is not owned by a trustworthy independent organization such as OsGeo.

Is anybody able to answer this? TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

--