[OSGeo-Discuss] ICA Working Group on Open Source GeospatialTechnologies

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 10 23:44:46 EST 2008

Tyler,

It is very important that Open Source GIS has high profile in ICA and
other international bodies. I welcome participation from OSGeo members
from different countries in the ICA WG. Especially from countries in
South America, Asia and Africa.

The ICA Commissions were established by the ICA General Assembly (all
member nations voting) in 2007, and they have a four year term.  The
Working Groups are set up by the ICA Executive Committee between the
General Assemblies.  The next General Assembly is in 2011. I aim to work
to make the Open Source Geospatial Technologies as an ICA Commission in
2011.

I look forward to active participation by OSGeo members for the First
Open Source GIS UK conference at University of Nottingham on June 22nd
2008. The call for papers and conference website will be activated on
December 15, 2008.

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand
Centre for Geospatial Science