[OSGeo-Discuss] Shapefile's dfb editing

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:50:35 EST 2008

Thanks to all!

The problem is in the length, but not in the column name but in the
dimension of the "numbers" given in the column header. I really don't
know exactly what they means... but it works!!
For example:
heigth,N,33,31
is not a valid length for an attribute column to be saved with OpenOffice.
If I change it into:
heigth,N,8,2
and in general if the sum of the last two numbers is less than 16
(bytes...?) it works fine and I can save the edited dbf.

Thanks again for the attention,

Ciao

Silvia