[OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo style

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 21 14:51:27 PST 2008

On 21-Dec-08, at 2:05 PM, Steven M. Ottens wrote:

> So my proposal is to use the Tango-set for our applications and
> create a GIS superset for our specific needs. If there are projects
> interested in this idea I'm happy to start working on this.

Good note Steven,

Some minimal efforts were started on a wiki page to gather
information about symbol sets used, primarily for mapping purposes of
course, but the effort did not go too far...

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_map_symbol_set

Not sure if any of the contributors there are still interested or
not, but thought I better point it out.

Definitely a great idea though, I suggest you take over or start a
wiki for capturing info as it rolls in.  I know more people reading
this list also are keen to see something happen at various levels -
desktop app icons, symbol sets, styling guidelines, etc.