[OSGeo-Discuss] Who's in incubation, who has graduated?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 30 14:07:18 EST 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 29-Jan-08, at 9:36 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
>>> On the OSGeo home page
>>> there's the list of OSGeo projects, but no indication of which projects
>>> have finished the incubation and are "OSGeo certified". To find out, you
>>> have to make your way to the "Incubation Committee" wiki page, and there
>>> is the only list (I could find) of which projects have graduated.
>>
>> We would like to highlight this information better on the main portal
>> page
>> but could not propose a good way on how to do this. Any idea?
>
> How about adding a simply asterisk * beside ones in incubation - with a
> footnote under the project list saying what the symbol represents.
> Should be easy enough to do.

Tyler,

This sounds good to me.  So I'd suggest the asterisk be labelled as
"Incubating" which ideally would be a link to /incubator for additional
details.

Incidentally, I really wish we could change "GeoNetwork opensource" to
"GeoNetwork" or "GeoNetwork OS", and likelwise for MapGuide Open Source.
I think the long names end up being confusing on the side bar due to wrapping
and this is likely to be worse when there is an asterisk involved.

Best regards,