[OSGeo-Discuss] Introduction

mike goldberg mtgoldberg at dunestudios.com
Wed Jan 9 06:23:49 PST 2008

Everyone,

I just wanted to send out an email to introduce myself.  I have been
reading these threads for a while, but have never really had the time to
offer support. I can now dedicate time to really contribute and be an
effective part of the OSGeo community.

My name is Mike Goldberg, and recently graduated (2006) from
Shippensburg University with a degree in Geography / GIS. Post
undergrad, i spent a year in Shanghai, taking in the culture and
learning as much Mandarin I could. Currently, I work for Bentley Systems
as an Account Manager for their Geo/Civil product lines.

I am a fairly new Linux user but love the Open Source aspect of the OS.
I'll be honest and say that I haven't had much experience with the open
source GIS solutions as I've done most of my work with proprietary
software in Windows.

I hope to bring fresh ideas to help bolster Open Source GIS as an
alternative, not a replacement, to proprietary software.  I think there
is a time and place for both, with each having it's own benefits and
pitfalls.

I look forward to working with everyone here to make Open Source
software better!

Thanks!
Mike Goldberg