[OSGeo-Discuss] About OSGeo...

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 18 05:05:49 PST 2008

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> Le jeudi 17 janvier 2008 19:07, Arnulf Christl a écrit :
>>> I also noticed (ok, so at this point I was going on the hunt for what
>>> else we might want to revisit) that we have no "media centre" links from
>>> the front page.  Do we have a place where we put all our press releases?
>> Hehe. We have press releases whenever somebody does them. Did you?
> Hi,
>
> The French OSGeo Press Release is here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Promotion_visiblite_fr#Presse (Marketing page)
>
> With two parts:
> 1- Press release : http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Presse_fr
> 2- Press release of software releases :
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Annonce_version_fr
>
> If you think it is better to join all press release, feel free to tell it to
> me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Y.

Hi,
looks like this needs a little more attention:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Press_Release
is rather bleak. Oops, points to a dead link too. Anybody know where this should go?

This one should be archived:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Press_Release_Francaise

together with all the other ones from that date:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Special:Search?search=press&fulltext=Search

We even have a process in place for new release:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Press_Release_Process

but as far as I know we did not do much in this respect lately.

Is this more appropriate for the WebCom list? There is an oooold discussion of where this belongs. Time to create the Press Committee, only joking...

Regards, Arnulf.