[OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 25 09:22:56 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 08:40 -0800, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> On 25-Jan-08, at 6:31 AM, Fawcett, David wrote:
>
> > http://www.gjc.org/ ?
>
> Nice.. maps and RSS - great improvements since I last used it.  I'd
> much rather go with something like this, since neither mailing lists
> or customising our web site tools could match its function or its
> history.
>
> If there was a way to search for postings that were optionally marked
> as "open source" or even "OSGeo Projects" friendly - that would meet
> my needs.  Also, if we were able to ingest the RSS feed (specifically
> for open source ones) - that we could possibly display the last
> couple jobs in a component on the OSGeo web site.

+1.  I've not seen this site before, but it looks like it's reasonably
well used (judging by the number of job adds).  As you say if we can get
an rss feed for geofoss related entries then we get all the
functionality we're after (if I've understood the problem domain
correctly).

> I'd like to hear Steve Lime's opinion on the job board topic since he
> runs GJC!

Ah, so we have some leverage with senior management?

> Tyler
Tim Bowden