[OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Jan 25 09:50:59 PST 2008

Hi,

I would like to give my 2 cent's. OSGeo is an internationnal fundation, which
means a lot of people from differents countries AND langages. However, all
this website seems only speaking english, they are, may be, only here for
example. It seems important to me to take care for I18n and localization.

Which means : link to local website which can propose job offers/resume, or an
interface with several langages as OSGeo did for its own website.

Thanks,

Y.
Le vendredi 25 janvier 2008 18:35, Steve Lime a écrit :
> Something like this, at least at the moment, is going to be relatively low
> traffic. I search the GJC periodically for Open Source related positions
> and they do show up but not that often. That says to me that partnering
> with existing sites would be more efficient and would result in broader
> access.
>
> For the GJC one idea might be to update the job schema to allow posters to
> flag postings that have requirements for Open Source skills. Then I could
> create RSS or GeoRSS feeds for just those types of positions. There has
> also been talk of setting up a "contracts" section were shorter term
> contact positions.
>
> Steve

> <E757CA1D-0FAD-46C5-9AFE-95B4D0DF0C18 at osgeo.org>, "Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)"
>
> <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > On 25-Jan-08, at 6:31 AM, Fawcett, David wrote:
> >> http://www.gjc.org/ ?
> >
> > Nice.. maps and RSS - great improvements since I last used it.  I'd
> > much rather go with something like this, since neither mailing lists
> > or customising our web site tools could match its function or its
> > history.
> >
> > If there was a way to search for postings that were optionally marked
> > as "open source" or even "OSGeo Projects" friendly - that would meet
> > my needs.  Also, if we were able to ingest the RSS feed (specifically
> > for open source ones) - that we could possibly display the last
> > couple jobs in a component on the OSGeo web site.
> >
> > I'd like to hear Steve Lime's opinion on the job board topic since he
> > runs GJC!
> >
> > Tyler

Yves Jacolin