[OSGeo-Discuss] Who's in incubation, who has graduated?

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Jan 29 12:03:45 PST 2008

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> On Tue, January 29, 2008 10:54, Micha Silver wrote:
>
>> I think this topic has been discussed before.
>>

> Indeed, it has a history of being ignored, thanks for bringing it up
> again. Now that some major projects are moving we might also get more
> backing. Marketing has ordered a Logo for graduated projects that should
> come soon. It is a starting point.

Good news.

> Another issue that I have brought up long ago but which was also never
> followed up on. The only process in place now is a report by the PSC that
> is due ... whenever someone feels like it. Some of the issues dealt with
> in the incubation documents are to put good processes in place so that you
> will (hopefully) never have to bother about copyright and licenses anymore
> but things like the community, governance and general activity should be
> monitored in some way.

How about a report in the Journal every 6 months or so (every other
journal issue) from the incubator committee detailing which projects
started incubation, which graduated, and how the others are moving
along.  And this could be the right venue to promote the benefit to FOSS
projects of going thru the incubation procedure.

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co, Sapir, Israel