[OSGeo-Discuss] Common Maven Repository

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 18 16:27:55 EDT 2008

Paul Austin wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible to have osgeo setup a common
> maven repository for all GIS projects (not just osgeo projects). At the
> moment I know that many projects maintain their own repositories which
> means you have to add a lot of different repository references in you
> pom. If we could have a single one then it might make it easier and
> simpler for people who want to use our libraries.

Paul,

Perhaps you could provide some more general information on what role Maven
plays, and what sort of resources and complexity would be involved in OSGeo
doing what you suggest.

Generally speaking, I think we would be ok with doing this if it was useful
for the various Java projects but someone would need to step forward to do the
work.  Such a service would be setup and administered by SAC - the OSGeo
System Administration Committee.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC

Best regards,