[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Conference Call - time for a passcode change?

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Jun 5 18:54:49 PDT 2008

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Call

We were using the conference call facility
for a 'meeting' related to FOSS4G2009, with
participation from people in both Australia
and Canada, and unfortunately it was disrupted
by what sounded like some "kiddies" - various
noises, non-English chatter, swearing (in
English), playing music, etc.

It resulted in a very non-professional experience.

The passcode for participation is published
on the above wiki page. Is it time to:
- change the passcode
- change things so that the passcode is
   not publicly available on the wiki page,
   but is easily available via other means
   to those who need it

A related concern is that if people such as
those that disrupted our conference call are
calling the service, is it 'running up the bill'
that Autodesk is paying?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems