[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Globalisation

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 18:09:29 PDT 2008

Hi Markus,
  the Free Software Foundation, helps us in this regard. They have done a  good amount but not enough to bench-mark it. I will again do some  cajoling, and we will try to even if possible fund it, but now for the  Rajahmundry data set, it is the next step.
Cheers
  Ravi Kumar
Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:  Hi Ravi,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:38 PM, RAVI KUMAR  wrote:
> We are encouraging people to take up indic translation of the front-end of
> the software and customisation, such that; Ex: The sanitary department can
> just use a customised OpenGIS (Say GRASS) to take his decissions than learn
> the entire gamut of GIS.

please let me know about progress here: GRASS translation to indic
languages! Any efforts ongoing?

Thanks
Markus