[OSGeo-Discuss] Quantum GIS on Nokia N810?

Charles Beaudry beaudrycha at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:32:19 PST 2008

Hi,

Has anyone ported QGIS to OS2008 running on the Nokia N810?  The operating
system is built from Debian and uses GTK but there is a port of QT4 that
runs on the handheld (I installed a demo QT4-based program that works fine)
so QGIS may be fairly easy to port.  Python 2.5 is also purported to run on
OS2008 but I have not succeeded in installing it.

What is needed I think is a port of QGIS as is or some subset of the
functionality, just enough to allow capture of points, lines and polygons
and a plug-in to interface with the built-in GPS unit that could show
current location on a map with possibility of saving waypoints.

The objective is to develop an open source geological field mapping tool.  I
am prepared to fund this work.  Discussions required to establish scope and
cost.

Charles Beaudry