[OSGeo-Discuss] Possible candidates?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 19 18:12:39 PDT 2008

Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I was just wondering why the following list of initiatives are not
> present in OSGeo, is it for a reason?
>
> - OpenJUMP
> - uDig
> - Geoserver
>
> Any comment appreciated,

Milo,

These three projects have not applied to OSGeo to join (via the incubation
process).  I will say that I consider all three (and PostGIS and a number of
other projects) "closely allied" projects and they are permitted to participate
in stuff like GSoC under the OSGeo umbrella.

I do think the above three projects are kicking around the possibility of
direct participation in OSGeo but are still trying to get a sense of the
positive and negative aspects of doing so.

Best regards,