[OSGeo-Discuss] Java Collaboration...Again

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 5 02:33:42 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:45 AM,  <Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> IMO:
>

> Hi Frank,
>

>  > I would also like to bring to your attention the MetaCRS project, an
>  > effort to confederate some other existing coordinate system related
> projects
>  > (particularly Proj4JS, CS-MAP and PROJ.4) and to work towards some shared
>  > test data and coordinate system dictionaries.
>  >
>  >    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MetaCRS
>  >

> Its good to see another project listed.
>
> I hadn't see this project referenced before on the OSGeo Web site at:
>
> - http://www.osgeo.org/

I have added indication in the "OSGeo projects" box to show which
projects are yet in incubation.

> - http://www.osgeo.org/content/faq/foundation_faq.html

Updated.

> - http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/index.html

Points to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee

> I'm probably missing the obvious, but do we have a full listing of OSGeo
> projects that are in incubation or have graduated?

It is essentially the (updated) box on the main site as well as
the Wiki page indicated above.

I agree that a couple (?) of projects aren't listed. I have added new new
section "Queuing requests" to the Wiki
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Queuing_requests
which is possibly yet incomplete. Would leave that to the InCom chair...

Markus