[OSGeo-Discuss] Project Documentation

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 22 14:53:19 PDT 2008

Has anyone started compiling a single list of pointers (or done a
survey of sources) for basic OSGeo project documentation?  From a
marketing perspective it would be nice to know the state of
documentation for: install/compile, administrators, new users/getting
started, advance customisation, related books, etc. - for each
project.  Then we could all be a bit wiser when, myth or not, people
critique FOSS as not having enough useful documentation.

I put together part of a page here, and quickly added a few test urls
to feel out the idea.  It may be overkill or it need some tweaking,
but you are more than welcome to add your favourite docs here or hack
this wiki page to make it more useful:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Documentation

Tyler