[OSGeo-Discuss] on Google Code and export restrictions

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon May 26 11:50:56 PDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I agree that we ought to consider developing a similar policy to
> Apache's.  I'll add an agenda item for the next board meeting to
> start digging into this.

One item for discussion would be what takes place
when a project enters incubation. Do they "opt in"
to the OSGeo policy? If they don't, are they then
excluded from being an OSGeo project? Can they
"opt in", and yet maintain their own project
infrastructure (website, svn, download links, etc.)
on servers in another country, and have access
to that infrastructure be subject to policies that
may conflict with the OSGeo policy?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems