[OSGeo-Discuss] South African safety situation

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 30 00:26:50 PDT 2008

Hi all.
I'm informed, both from the newspapers and from South African friends,
that there are serious concerns about safety in South Africa. Of course
this will not affect FOSS4G directly, but I'm sure many of us are
planning to have some holidays before or after the conference, so not
being able to tour around freely will detract much from the appeal of
the conference. This could result in less participation, thus in turn in
lower general interest.
Any news or indications from local organizers? I think this is a problem
that should be dealt with, for the best success of the meeting.
All the best.
pc