[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Voting for new OSGeo Charter Members open until 6th June 2008

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:38:37 PDT 2008

So, on the basis of a highly scientific polling methodology, we have 5
for inviting all 18 nominated to become Charter Members and 2 for
leaving 3 behind.

There is some logic in sticking with the program, but programs have to
be malleable and changeable with the times and situation. 15 is as
arbitrary a number as 18. My choosing 15 out of the list is going to
100% irrational and arbitrary. I'd rather err on the side of
inclusion.

On 5/30/08, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On May 31, 2008, at 12:04 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> > P Kishor wrote:
> >
> > > This is a great list. Each one of those listed would be (well, already
> > > is) a great asset to the OSGeo cause and community. There are only 18
> > > on that list, so that means 3 will be left out. My vote? Charter-ify
> > > all 18 of them.
> > >

> > Somehow I think we get to stick to the program; although I agree it is a
> tough choice.
> > Making this choice is one of our few "responsibilities" as charter members
> ;-)
> >

> Personally, I agree with Jody's point, although it *is* a tough choice.

> Charter Member of OSGeo, http://osgeo.org

Puneet Kishor