[OSGeo-Discuss] Anyone interested in geocoding and routing?

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Fri Nov 7 01:01:35 PST 2008

Jody Garnett schrieb:
> Fair enough - one thing I am interested in is having an API to interact
> with a range of geocoder implementations. I know the standards at osgeo.org
> list will remind me of OpenLS - but I am not sure if that has seen any
> adoption in the wild (although it looks like their is a new version
> comming out with a range of interesting sponsors behind it).

Hi,

OpenRouteService (http://www.openrouteservice.org/) seems to implement
OpenLS.
I'm not sure about their implementation being open source (I somehow
doubt it, as it isn't stated as such). But in their terms of use they
say: "If you intend to use OpenRouteService in your own applications
please contact us. We are interested in spreading the usage of
OpenRouteService in academic and non-profit and Open Source projects."

Regards,
Judit Mays