[OSGeo-Discuss] Foreign Language Community Support

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sun Nov 9 06:48:13 PST 2008

Projects like OpenLayers are, at this time, too small to have seperate
lists for different langauges. (Or at least, that's been the theory;
it's possible we're bigger than that now, but we'll pretend for a
moment.)

I would like to create a resource that tells users of OpenLayers where
they can go to find support for their native langauge, if such a
community is available. Specifically, I'm not looking to find comunities
are willing to actually answer the OpenLayers question, just to, for
example, help the user find out how to ask the question, or search for the
problem, etc.

As I see it, it looks right now like:

I'm curious if members of these lists believe that an email from a
French speaker asking, for example, for help translating a question or
answer regarding OpenLayers would be welcomed or not. Also, I'm curious
if there are other langauge lists that would also be able to help solve
problems like this.

Of coures, if you think that pointing people to local mailing lists is a
silly idea, you're also welcome to say that :)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer