[OSGeo-Discuss] Foreign Language Community Support

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sun Nov 9 10:04:58 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 06:18:35PM +0100, Yves Jacolin (free) wrote:
> This is an interesting question (How manage I18n content in website). I think
> there are three ways (at least):
> * a two letters word put it in the URL, as we  did at the begining in the wiki
> osgeo [1], [2], [3] and like you did in your example ;

Yves,

Though I appreciate your technical feedback on my translation question,
what I'm more interested in at the moment is just the *contents* of the
English page  -- especialy from the point of view of someone who might
end up working with the results of it :)

It is my hope that local language communities can take a role in helping
users to pose their questions to the OpeNLayers list -- or at least
giving some advice to beginners, when English-only communications aren't
enough. WIth that in mind, does
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/GettingHelp/ForeignLanguageSupport seem
like an appropriate way to enocurage people to seek help? Does my
suggestions for how to handle lack of speaking a language make some
sense?

Thanks in advance,

--
Christopher Schmidt