[OSGeo-Discuss] Foreign Language Community Support

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon Nov 10 02:20:56 PST 2008

Mori-san,

(Orkney)Toru Mori wrote:
> As Chris pointed out, our OSGeo local chapter discussion list could be the
> place to communicate. However, mailing list is sometimes difficult to view
> summary of discussions, I would prefer wiki typed page in local language.

Please start the wiki section for
software source code improvements
at the Japan OSGeo Wiki
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Japan#

We could also use the Blog feature to have
a local language blog.
https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/blog

Local chapter members would need to create an
account on the OSGeo website.

We would need to find ways to have short summary
of important (for international audience)
wiki/blog contents in English. This may help
in highlighting local issues and solutions to
the mainstream

> Lastly, most important part is how and when to relay local issues to the
> mainstream. Who takes care of them? This is a HR issue, cannot be solved
> by just mailing lists or wiki pages though. What we are facing is here.

Regards

Venka