[OSGeo-Discuss] Anyone interested in geocoding and routing?

Claude Philipona claude.philipona at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 12 08:23:36 PST 2008

I think too that it is possible to break down the problem as described
by Frank to get a widely usable geocoder. But I do think to that is not
so trivial as the way to described and use addresses varies considerably
even in Europe. There are quite a few possibilities of strategies, from
very rigid scheme search to quasi full text.

We worked on a geocoder for a client a couple of years ago, implementing
some of these ideas trying to use a more or less universal way of
geocoding, and a way of describing how the data and addresses are
organized. I will try to take look back to it to see if there is ideas
or code that could be interesting.

Claude

--
Claude Philipona