[OSGeo-Discuss] News submittal (I think)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 14:26:06 PST 2008

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> I was wondering who is handling the New item submitals.
>
> I sent in an Announcement for the GeoMoose project last week and still
> haven't seen it scroll by in the news Items on the OsGeo Page.
>
> I think Frank W. handled the last one that I sent in.  They should go to
> "news_item at osgeo.org", correct?

Bob,

Tyler and I handle news announcements.

I reviewed it and didn't feel it merited handling via the announcement channel
as it is only a point release and of a software package that isn't particularly
mainstream.

I neglected to respond that I didn't intend to post it in case Tyler felt
differently and wanted to post it.  Sorry for the lack of feedback.

I apply my personal judgement on what announcements are of sufficiently broad
interest, and sufficient in support of the goals of OSGeo to merit forwarding
and posting to the web site.  I would note, I also do not post GDAL point
release announcements.  :-)

This reminds me I need to post some announcements from the last board meeting.

Best regards,