[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Marketing] AAG 2009 Proposal

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 9 01:24:45 EDT 2008

Helena,

We're in the process of registering the sessions right now(should be
done by friday), but the plan is to have 3 sessions. We can always
shrink it if we don't get enough papers but I have the suspicion that
the AAG paper sorting people will find some we missed so we should give
them a place to put them.

     * Session 1:Introduction to FOSS in Geography
     * Session 2:FOSS Case Studies - What you did, what you used and why.
     * Session 3:Technical FOSS - talks that throw in the technical talk.

At the moment I think we have about 3-4 talks in the works but thats
mostly people I know and see on a regular basis.

The details are/will be on http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AAG_2009
Suggestions on what to call the sessions is also up for discussion.

Thanks,
Alex