[OSGeo-Discuss] Code Sprint: How Much?

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Oct 10 09:23:18 EDT 2008

Thanks for that Lorenzo and Arnulf! Indeed, mark your calendars
because I've booked the week of 15 – 21st June 2009 in Bolsena.

I would be happy to work with people to try to get sponsorship lined
up for the event this year. I think last year's event was extremely
economical from the point of view of participating (ignoring travel
cost!). The total cost was well under 500 Euro for the full 7 days
with full boarding.

It will be the same next year, except that for reasons of
simplification the price will be 500 Euro to participate (again, full
boarding and a dinner in a special restaurant :-) ). The single
payment is instead of splitting things up in detail (if you're
participating 3 or 7 days, eating all nights, or just 2, etc...). We
have space for about 30 people in total, but more precise details will
follow on the WIKI later. Start getting organized :-) First come,
first served.

Suggestions and help to find sponsors are very welcome.

Ciao,
Jeroen

On Oct 9, 2008, at 7:39 PM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

> On Sat, October 4, 2008 01:19, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
>> best Sprint I've ever been:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/European_GIS_Code_Sprint
>>

>> ciao lorenzo
>>
>> ps: thanks Jeroen!
>
> +1
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Hacking_event
>
> And better even, it will take place again.
>
>> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone loves a good code sprint... or do they?
>>>

>>> 2007 brought you the one-day sprint (with the GeoToolsers and
>>> uDiggers
>>> going for an extended weekend sprint). 2008 brings you another day.
>>> 2009 is still thinking about it.
>>>

>>> How much sprinting would you do? 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 days?
>>>

>>> I am wondering if the right way to handle the sprints is to turn
>>> them
>>> from something the conference quietly subsidizes to something that