[OSGeo-Discuss] Code Sprint: How Much?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 24 01:35:19 EDT 2008

On 10-Oct-08, at 6:23 AM, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:

> Thanks for that Lorenzo and Arnulf! Indeed, mark your calendars
> because I've booked the week of 15 – 21st June 2009 in Bolsena

Judging by the great feedback of Jeroen's Bolsena event last year, I
think it must be a great formula to replicate elsewhere as well.
(Aside from the FOSS4G focused sprint).

One person to lead it, pick a spot, set a price, set a minimum
attendees and invite the developer world. Cancel if there isn't
enough interest.

Maybe unrealistic, but having a non-European event at the same time
as Bolsena event might provide some level of real-time communication
between dispersed teams who couldn't all make it to the same location.