[OSGeo-Discuss] ES Local Chapter subdomain

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 05:15:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been thinking where to place this question because it crosses
around several committees so finally I've decided to ask here where
anyone is :)

At Spanish Language Local Chapter (OSGeo-es) we want to have an easy
entry point for our community. We don't like an osgeo.es domain
because this LC is not geographic, but linguistic so a domain for
Spain is not desirable at this time (from the board we are working
hard to get the linguistic approach).

So, I ask (Board/SAC/Webcom/All) if you see any problem to create an
"es" subdomain for osgeo.org that will point to our current entry at
osgeo wiki[1]. We see that solution more aligned with our aims.

Other LCs have their own web page (like .jp, .nl) and maybe in the
future we will need one also, out of the wiki, but not at this time as
it's hard to maintain an it's not in our priorities.

If it's ok I'll create the SAC ticket but I would prefer a little bit
of discussion here ;)

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Spanish
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas