[OSGeo-Discuss] kicked the ESRI habit, now weening from Bentley MicroStation..looking toward FOSS4G

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:58:27 EDT 2008

<grin>
I'm about to submit my abstract to the AAG conference on comparing
available distributed geospatial technologies for the USGS National Map. Of
course, I haven't really even started the footwork...

I'd be very interested to see other people's benchmarks.

-Eric

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Bob, all,
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Bob Basques
> <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
> > Markus,
> >
> > What's all that stuff in there about managed and un-managed supposed to
> describe?
> > Seems to be somewhat out of date.  I think I would start over with the
> whole bottom section.
>
> sounds good! :)
>
> In general, it's neither my field nor my document - so I would leave it to
> others. I consider myself as future "consumer" of such a guide.
>
> In general, as Frank says, it is hard to write comparative studies.
> As user, I would hope to receive some guidance to navigate in our
> software offers - see our logo motto! That's "all".
>
> Best
> Markus

Eric B. Wolf                          720-209-6818
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography