[OSGeo-Discuss] Welcome to OSGeo Beijing User Group Lecture

Gao Ang tomgaoang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:49:48 EDT 2008

Hi David

It's nice to get your feedback.
In session two, the content will involve how to deploy GIS spatial
analysis in HPC environment and binding OGC WPS service with udig and
openlayes client.

We choose ESRI to give lecture because many of the students in my
laboratory need to get familiar with ESRI product to do their
experiment. Besides, ESRI provide free license to laboratory students.
Maybe they aim to attract potential users, but I think that free
software for education is good thing.

As you mentioned, we plan to hold this kind of lecture once a month
and provide more and more lectures about Open Source Geospatial
software. I think that the spread of FOSS GIS deserved long period
efforts in our Country. And we're will make it.

Regards