[OSGeo-Discuss] Questions about CS-Map, ArcSDE 9.3, buffer operations

surrounded Rob.Sosnowski at itd.idaho.gov
Fri Oct 3 07:48:02 PDT 2008

Excuse my ignorance - here goes,

I am building a GIS web application using FDO 3.3.1, C#.net, MS Virtual
Earth, and Silverlight.  As I am not sure of the relationship between OSGeo
and FDO, I will post these questions here:

1) I need to project coordinate systems (ex. WGS 1984 to state plane) and
cannot find a way to do this using FDO.  WHAT TOOLS ARE AVAILABLE UNDER THE
OSGeo UMBRELLA TO MAKE PROJECTIONS.  IF CS-MAP (recent donation from
AutoDesk) IS THE TOOL TO USE FOR PROJECTING COODINATE SYSTEMS, WHERE DO I
DOWNLOAD IT FROM?

2) FDO 3.3.1 currently supports ArcSDE 9.2.  DOES FDO 3.3.1 ALSO SUPPORT
ArcSDE 9.3?  IF NOT WHEN WILL THAT HAPPEN?

2) I need the ability to buffer features and cannot find a way to do this
using FDO.  WHAT OSGeo TOOLS ARE AVAILABLE FOR BUFFERING FEATURES WHOSE
OBJECTS ARE COMPATABLE WITH FDO?

Thanks for the help.....