[OSGeo-Discuss] some post-FOSS4G thoughts

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Oct 9 12:34:02 PDT 2008

Landon Blake wrote:
> Jody wrote: "The original post talked about minimizing expense; breaking
> into several venues actually updates the expense from where I am
> sitting."
>
> How do you figure?

The projects I work on are international; it is hard enough for
developers to get enough money together to attend one FOSS4G - let alone
FOSS4G and a (multiple?) regional conferences.
There is also the related costs of development teams slow down while
members get presentations ready, are not online during the conference,
and generally missing the week after :-)

Jody