[OSGeo-Discuss] AAG 2009 Call for Papers

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 10 00:30:24 PDT 2008

The sessions are registered, I just need speaker PINs to add you.
Remember you need to at least enter your draft abstract by Oct 16.
http://aag.org/annualmeetings/2009/papers.htm
I recommend the you put Free,FOSS and OSGEO in your keywords.

Here are the draft session details, suggestions welcome:

*Title:*	/Free and Open Source solutions for Geographers I/
sources as applied to geography. Including neogeography tools, virtual
globes, collaborative web portals, web mapping, GIS, remote sensing and
statistics. This session aims to educate the general geography community
about end user opportunities to implement cutting edge Free and Open
Source solutions in your research.
*Anticipated Attendance:*	40

*Title:*	/Free and Open Source Software solutions for Geographers II/
software and data sources as applied to geography. Including
neogeography tools, virtual globes, collaborative web portals, web
mapping, GIS, remote sensing and statistics. This session aims to
explore the complexities and specifics of using cutting edge Free and
Open Source solutions in geographical research.
*Anticipated Attendance:*	25

Once again the wiki page is at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AAG_2009

Thanks,