[OSGeo-Discuss] kicked the ESRI habit, now weening from Bentley MicroStation..looking toward FOSS4G

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 29 09:55:41 PDT 2008

Bob, all,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Bob Basques
<Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
> Markus,
>
> What's all that stuff in there about managed and un-managed supposed to describe?
> Seems to be somewhat out of date.  I think I would start over with the whole bottom section.

sounds good! :)

In general, it's neither my field nor my document - so I would leave it to
others. I consider myself as future "consumer" of such a guide.

In general, as Frank says, it is hard to write comparative studies.
As user, I would hope to receive some guidance to navigate in our
software offers - see our logo motto! That's "all".

Best
Markus