[OSGeo-Discuss] Shapefile lacking SRS information

Kjell Are Refsvik kjell.a.refsvik at hiof.no
Mon Sep 1 11:51:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

We communicated briefly this summer on issues relating to the
conversion and creation of geodata. Looking through the emails from
earlier this summer, I am very thankful for the time you spent, and
hope that I am not intruding by asking one more:

My status is that I am progressing to the point where I should be able
to draw my own maps and have them included (mashed) with my web albums
for photos soon.

I am using UNIX shell-scripts to draw the maps I need based on a
shapefile converted to .csv and geodata extracted from my photos:

http://www.ia-stud.hiof.no/~kjellare/misc/20080829_gnuplot_status.png

Trying to get hold of better maps, I have been trying to get some old
shapefiles to work, but without success. They appear to have lost
their Spacial Reference System:

http://www.ia-stud.hiof.no/~kjellare/misc/20080901_SRS.png

...and I was just wondering - is it possible to repair them?

Best regards,

Kjell Are Refsvik
-----
Graduate Student, Information Technology
Faculty of Computer Sciences
Østfold University College, Norway
email: kjell.a.refsvik at hiof.no
mobile: +47 405 50 454